Monday, July 14, 2014

Second Life

    Today I looked up Second Life and decided to try it out. I felt strange walking around and talking to complete strangers. Within the first 5 minutes there was talk of sex. That is not something most people would bring up as a conversation with a stranger in their "first" life.
   
      I can see how Second Life would especially appeal to someone that is more of an introvert in "first" life. Especially if you tend to be shy and don't have many friends. I also see the potential for someone to check out of "first life" and to have a virtual reality instead. I find this a bit disturbing. Maybe it is my generation gap?

     I believe people need real touch and to see someones expression when they are talking to each other. I hope that the second life does not become a world that my children would be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment