Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week 4



US Military Study Twitter

 A direct quote from the article-

“As another example, when anti-government messages are spread in social media, government would want to spread counter messages to balance that effort and hence identify people who are more likely to spread such counter messages based on their opinions.”

   After reading about the psychological experiment that Facebook conducted without the knowledge of its users I decided to delete my facebook account. So when I came across this article about the US Military monitoring twitter accounts I knew I wanted to read it.

    I am not a doomsday-er  but these experiments scare me. I think more people need to be worried about these companies and the governments far reaching, secretive practices.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment